Top 5 quotes from Robert Frost
- "A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness."
- "No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader."
- "The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother's always a Democrat."
- "To be a poet is a condition, not a profession."
- "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
Top 5 quotes from Education
- "Learning has been [a] great loser by being shut up in colleges and cells and secluded from the world and good company."
- "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
- "A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know."
- "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way."
- "The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify we give the name of knowledge."